A Game of Thrones Scotland

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to gather and talk about the Game Of Thrones LCG, with emphasis on Scotland and Northern England.

2 posters

Summer Stark Armies

mouchliazo
    mouchliazo
    Admin

Summer Stark Armies Empty Summer Stark Armies

Post by mouchliazo Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:01 am

This is what I've been fiddling with on Octgn for the last couple of weeks. It just feels so nice to have a Stark deck that drawcaps all the time. It's done quite well, so far, though my testing has been quite random. One issue that I can easily see is that if you don't get your initial draw tek, then you fail to find any supplementary draw as well; but if you start well with Jaime or Samwel, you'll inevitably draw all you need.
    I'm packing lots of location hate, as there seems to be an abundance of absurdly good locations right now. I'd like to fit the Inn of the Kneeling Man, but have no idea what to take out. So, here goes:

House Stark

A Song of Fire

Plots:
    The Minstrel's Muse
    Take them by Surprise
    Breaking and Entering
    Respect of the Old Gods
    A Song of Summer
    A Time for Ravens
    Valar Morghulis

Characters (35):

2xGuard at Riverrun
    2xHungry Mob
    1xCat o' the Canals
    1xCatelyn Stark (LoW)
    2xMaester Luwin
    2xMeera Reed
    2xThe Blackfish
    1xSer Kyle Condon
    3xRobb Stark (KotS)
    1xJeyne Westerling
    3xNorthern Cavalry Flank
    3xFleet from the Wolf's Den
    1xThe Bastard's Boys

2xSamwell Tarly
    3xCarrion Bird
    1xGilly

1xVarys (SaS)
    1xSyrio Forel
    1xSer Preston Greenfield (KG)
    2xSer Jaime Lannister (KG)

Locations (15):

3xThe Kingsroad (summer - FaI)
    3xGreat Keep
    3xNarrow Sea
    1xLord Eddard's Chambers
    1xStreet of Steel
    1xStreet of Sisters
    1xRiver Row
    2xFrozen Outpost

Events (7):

3xNo Quarter
    2xThe Price of War
    2xPaper Shield

Attachments (4):

2xBlack Raven
    2xFrozen Solid

So, any ideas for improvements? Any inclusions from the Horn that Wakes?
    cockbongo
    cockbongo

Summer Stark Armies Empty Re: Summer Stark Armies

Post by cockbongo Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:31 am

I play against Stark more than any other House so I can usually tell when a Stark deck is going to bring the pain properly or not... and this one seems to have it all in place.

Much as it goes against my nature giving Stark decks a boost, since you're running Summer and are likely to have a touch more money around, these days I tend to swap out Paper Shields for copies of The Hand's Judgement instead. Yes they cost 1 gold but they can cancel any event so you're covered for burn, Prayers, Confession, Martell unpleasantness, etc.
    mouchliazo
    mouchliazo
    Admin

Post by mouchliazo Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:00 am

That's a pretty good idea, really. Cancelling Westeros Bleeds or similar can really change the game dramatically, and there are quite a few times I'm left with extra gold if I didn't find a good enough reason to flip in Meera. That's one more chapter pack in the "to-buy" list!

In other news, I just found out (after I typed the whole deck manually Sad ) one can open an OCTGN deck with MS Excel, into a neat little table.

cockbongo
    cockbongo

Post by cockbongo Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:05 am

I've no idea why so few people play The Hand's Judgement. It *can* be cancelled by He Calls It Thinking, but then so can a Paper Shield. Stopping a Bleeds, The Hatchling's Feast, Storm The Gate, Incinerate, Red Vengeance or (and this is even better) Favored by the Warrior is well worth 1 gold in my book.
    mouchliazo
    mouchliazo
    Admin

Post by mouchliazo Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:22 am

Hm, I think I found another worthy inclusion, Theon Greyjoy (ACoS). Essentially a unique non-kneeler with a War crest is nothing to sneaze at. I could probably cut one Blackfish for him, i suppose.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:30 pm